It is undeniable that diving into cold water is an unpleasant experience. When the temperatures are not yet stable and the night swings cool it, it is useful to have a heating system that allows you to bring the water in your pool to the desired temperature. Many people who have a pool don’t even consider heating the pool water in winter, considering it too expensive, but this is really a mistake. If you already have a swimming pool, however, and you want to implement a low-cost solar system and in a short time, there are some options to consider. Let’s see what they are.
3 Recommended Types Of Solar Covers By Our Experts
Solar Pool Rings
The Solar Rings are revolutionary solar heating systems for swimming pools, made of two layers of heavy UV-resistant vinyl. The clear top layer acts as an insulator by retaining the air and transmitting sunlight onto the blue layer below. The blue layer absorbs about 50% of the sunlight and converts it into heat. The rest of the sunlight goes through this layer and is equipped for warming deep water. Once launched into the pool they can be connected to each other easily with small magnets.
- Ecological because they use the sun’s energy to heat the water and do not require electricity.
- They have the function of Isothermal Covering, that is, once applied in the evening, they maintain the heat of your swimming pool during the night.
- They keep the swimming pool clean as dust and various residues fall on the cover.
- Once removed from the water it is very easy to clean the Solar Sun Rings with a jet of water.
- Cheap and significantly lower costs compared to other solar energy products.
- Solar pool Rings are safer to use for children and pets.
- Long life, as they are made with high-quality vinyl extremely resistant to UV rays.
Full Solar Cover
This solar pool cover is placed in direct contact with the surface of the water, inside the edges of the pool, and can, therefore, increase the temperature of the pool water, depending on the amount of direct sunlight. With bubbles over its entire surface, the heat is contained much longer. At the same time, it helps reduce the consumption of chemicals for its maintenance and evaporation of water. Characterized by a low weight but at the same time resistant, it can be easily set to adapt to smaller pools. The solar cover is formed of sealed air bubbles that are a very efficient insulator to maintain the temperature of the pool, reducing heating costs.
- It reduces the evaporation of the water in the pool, as well as the chemicals it contains.
- It is a perfect ally of a solar heater.
- Keeps the pool clean, free of litter and leaves.
- In indoor pools, it reduces moisture condensation in windows.
- It can be used manually or with a reel.
- It is the least expensive way to heat the pool.
Liquid Solar Cover
The mixture forms a transparent molecular film on the edge of the water. It performs the functions of the conventional thermal sheet, as well as heating the water of the inflatable pool for longer and for a higher temperature, taking advantage of direct exposure to sunlight. The liquid solar cover also does not interfere in any way and does not alter the chemical parameters of the swimming pool water disinfection. For the maintenance and conservation of swimming pools, this advanced covering method stands out for its ability to reduce management costs and for its peculiarity of being liquid, avoiding unpleasant aesthetic impacts.
- This option saves the water dispersed by evaporation and it is a proven energy saver.
- It therefore also reduces the number of dispersed chemicals, as well as heat, reducing carbon dioxide emissions and the use of water.
- The quality of the air inside the swimming pool benefits from it, also reducing humidity.
- The comfort compared to a traditional thermal sheet is therefore superior and it’s being colorless and transparent makes it of minimal visual impact in the aesthetics of the tub.
- The solar liquid cover adapts for its conformation to any type of swimming pool and acts throughout the day.
Analyzing with due attention the characteristics of the swimming pool to be heated and relating them to your needs is essential not only for the quality of the final result but also for doing so that the water acquires the desired temperature in the face of the least possible energy expenditure. It is also good to keep in mind the energy use of the system, which varies according to the frequency of use of the pool (used all year round vs for short periods).
Since there is no more natural, economic and pleasant source of heat than the sun, it is good to consider it when evaluating the most suitable system for the pool. So, properly inserted, a solar heating system could be the right solution for your needs.